- General Questions
- Curricular Questions
- Questions about The Academy and Learning Societies
- Educator Questions
FAQs - General
- How do we make sure nothing gets left out of the Shared Discovery Curriculum?
- How does the clinical time connect with what students are studying otherwise?
- How will students learn disciplines to sufficient depth?
- What is the mission of the Shared Discovery Curriculum?
- What is the vision of the Shared Discovery Curriculum?
FAQs - Curricular
FAQs - The Academy and Learning Societies
- How are the Learning Societies organized?
- What development opportunities, support systems and resources are available for Learning Society Fellows?
- What did students think of their experience of learning societies during the 2013 pilot test of the new curriculum?
- What do learning societies mean for staff?
- What is a learning society?
- What is the role of the learning societies in the Shared Discovery Curriculum?
- What is the Student Competence Committee and how does it relate to the Academy and Learning Societies?
- What is the time commitment for a Learning Society Fellow?
- What will I be doing as a Learning Society Fellow
- What will Learning Society Fellows be doing?
FAQs - Educator Questions
- Can I be involved in (clinical work, legacy curriculum work, team-based learning work, simulation work, research, etc.) and still be a part of the learning societies?
- How can on-call, Van Andel Institute, clinical faculty and other educators participate in the Shared Discovery Curriculum?
- I currently teach a basic science course. How and when will I know what I will be expected to teach in the SDC?
- What teaching opportunities are there outside of The Academy and Learning Societies?